Stay.Incredible

Saturday, December 17, 2016

| Oh Baby You Should Go And Love Yourself |








Is fat really the worst thing a human being can be? Is fat worst that vindictive, jealous, shallow, evil, vain, boring, or cruel? - J.K. Rowling

I wasn't always overweight. Actually to be honest I don't even know what term should I be using to describe my shape - big, fat, overweight, plump, etc. The reason for me being unable to describe myself is because I have never accepted the fact that I'm either of those things. The only thing I've accepted for a fact is that I've gained about 15 kilos in the last 4 years. And that's okay. Maybe I should have been more careful in watching what I eat, but it's not the end of the world. Initially I wasn't as confident. I used to get asked this all the time - What happened? - How did you gain so much weight? - Why aren't you doing anything about it? - While yes I do agree that I should have done something about it because I feel very very unhealthy, it's nobody's business and it's just rude to ask someone about their weight or shape.

Right now I'm the most confident about my weight that I've ever been in the past. There's a little hack to it: Start uploading more and more pictures of yourself out on all your active social media accounts. I'm not talking selfies, I'm talking full length pictures of yourself. It's very important to know that the world (people who don't know you exist) doesn't simply care what we size we are, it's just us who build a notion around ourselves about the whole world judging us about the way we look. We're all beautiful. Everyone has a different idea of what beautiful is, so technically we're all beautiful for that some person!

YES. I am a person who gets intimidated very very easily. I see a beautiful picture of someone and I'd go like damn! I wish I had that butt or wish I had those abs. But I've come to terms with the fact that, if I want a particular shape, I'm going to have to work towards it without ever looking back and with a sense of commitment which to be fair I've never had. Maybe next year I'll start working towards my dream body or the year after that, or maybe never, who cares! I'm just having too much fun having my desserts and my greasy food. Saying that (this should be a reminder for myself) I do need to make tiny changes in my lifestyle because I'm starting to run out of breath every time I go up a flight of stairs. That's something I need to start changing. Though not a FITTER Lifestyle (yet), I want to start working towards a HEALTHIER Lifestyle.

If you're reading this and you've ever faced body image issues, please just get up - dress yourself in the best outfit you own - put some makeup on - and get on with your daily goals. Oh and don't forget to say YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL to yourself in the mirror.

* Nobody can make you feel Inferior without your own Consent*


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig